All the major search engines, including Google and Bing, have algorithms that penalize websites for poor content. Even though this hasn’t changed, the important concepts for SEO are constantly evolving. Here are seven trends for 2017 that you should incorporate into your website:
1. Accelerated mobile pages – Users don’t want to wait a long time for a webpage to load. With the increase in smartphone usage for accessing websites, having a speedy and inclusive mobile website is crucial for SEO.
2. HTTPS – More websites will use HTTPS protocol in the upcoming year in an effort to appease customers worried about security. The downside to this is that referral links and information isn’t likely going to transfer when HTTPS is used.
3. Cross channel marketing – Social media is a key for 2017, but you must incorporate various social media websites into your advertising and customer service campaigns.
4. RankBrain – Google’s RankBrain, an artificial intelligence program, is another key to SEO in 2017. To get a higher RankBrain score, you need an interactive website that keeps customers on your website and clicking through it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RankBrain
5. App inclusion – Apps are another important point for SEO in 2017. Having app links or downloads for the company on pages that spiders crawl can help to boost a website’s value.
6. Dense content – Fluff content isn’t going to help SEO any longer. Content must be dense, easy-to-read, and include subtitles to break up content. Simply duplicating content from other websites and changing the order of the words is going to result in penalties.
7. Voice search algorithms – Voice search is more popular now, which has led to search engines developing algorithms for voice searches. Having content that sounds like a person speaking naturally helps with this algorithm.