Search Engine Marketing (SEM), can be a great way to boost traffic to your website and potentially improve your conversion rate for visitors, too. Here are some tips to get you there:
- Make Your Paid Keywords as Specific as Possible. While there can be a desire to use broad terms to bring in more traffic, specific keywords bring the best kind of traffic. If you want to optimize the value of each click, unique keywords are your best option.
- Target Your Ads Carefully. If you only offer local service, only target local searches and area keywords. If you plan on advertising in more than one country, it is probably most efficient to create unique budgets and keywords for each country.
- Perform an AB Split Test on Your Ad Text. Do a test run (some search engines may allow you to do this for free or at a discounted rate) of two ads to see what text is better at generating clicks and conversions.
- Your Ads Should Match Your Website Landing Pages. Make the same offers, use the same tone and incorporate the same keywords for the best continuity.
- Keep it Simple, But Stay on Brand. Your language, colors and images should all convey your brand accurately. Simple is great. Simple and on brand is best.
- Use the Power of Negative Keywords. When you are paying for search traffic, generally in pay-per-click advertising form, you can use negative keywords to ensure your ad isn't placed somewhere completely inappropriate. Negative keywords filter to ensure your ad doesn’t show for that word or words.
- Track the Results of Your Ads. Carefully monitor and analyze the impact of your search engine ads and pay-per-click ads to ensure your return on your marketing investment is adequate.
At Talent Evolution, our focus is on evolving your business and brand through innovative, web-based solutions such as SEM. Contact us to discuss ways SEM can be of benefit to you.