For companies to survive in this digital age, they need to market themselves online as much as in the physical world. Many consumers begin their search for products or services online. In fact, research shows that 81 percent of shoppers do online research before making a big purchase. Having an effective digital marketing strategy will help your target audience find your company.
- Know your audience. Do you know who is buying your products or using your services? Think about their needs when planning your digital marketing strategy. Create personas or customer profiles. The more targeted and individualized your marketing seems, the stronger impact it will typically have on your customer or clients.
- Review your website analytics. Where is your traffic coming from? Do you know what searches are bringing you customers? Spending some time reviewing the data and analytics for your website's traffic can help you formulate a better plan to boost traffic and conversion rates.
- Consider search engine optimization. Once you know what is bringing customers to your site, you need to make a point of prioritizing that information on your website, blog and marketing content. Doing so will help your business increase its rank for those key terms on search engines, bringing in more traffic.
- Get into social media. If you aren't already on social media, it's time to change that! Without a social media presence, you are being left in the virtual dust as 93 percent of businesses are active on Facebook and 89 percent use Twitter. Properly run, social media accounts can drive interest in your company and help improve your brand awareness. Viral sharing of your social media content can result in a flood of interest about your company.
- Know when to bring in professionals. Taking care of your website, your social media accounts, and your business itself can be a lot of work. Know your own limits and partner with professionals who can help maintain your social media or digital presence. Their professional touches can also help grow your online presence and positively impact your bottom line.
At Talent Evolution, we have created successful digital strategies for a number of clients. Let us work with you, define your goals and get you to where you want to be. Just give us a call and we can assist.