With the new year upon us, we have all made resolutions to improve our lives. Mobile platform and app developers have made a few resolutions of their own.
- Smart watches may soon become an alternative to your mobile phone. With most of the ones on the market requiring a service contract, you can check emails, make phone calls, and send texts among other things.
- Most new Apple and Samsung phones come equipped with fingerprint scanning to unlock the screen. More than that though, some apps use other biometric passwords like facial recognition. While this has been prone to hacking in the past, Hoyos Labs thinks they’ve mastered it.
- Get ready for your phone to know you as well as you know yourself. The rise of micro-moments are in our future according to Forrester data. This means that widgets and platform-specific apps will give you small bites of the information you need throughout the day.
- Location-specific coupons. That’s right, you don’t have to hunt through the Sunday paper to find a good sale. Apps like Shopular send you sales updates and coupons for favorite stores in your area.
- Easier to make purchases on mobile. Retailers like Taco Bell and Starbucks have made purchasing easier. Order and pay on their respective apps and go pick up your purchase!
What do you think? Where do you see Mobile going in 2015? Let me know in the comments!