Content marketing is one of the hottest areas of online marketing these days. From simple meme generation and dissemination on social media platforms to the creation and upkeep of industry-specific blogs, content marketing has proven to be a great way for businesses to drive new traffic and keep old contacts and customers engaged with their brand. Here are five tips to make the most of content marketing:
1. Your content must be useful. Not long ago, many small businesses and growing websites would employ copywriters to create long paragraphs punctuated with search terms and industry keywords to help them boost their search ratings. This no longer flies with any search engine nor with visitors to your website. People expect relevant and engaging content on your website and social media pages.
2. Images are great assets. Whether you’re using an infographic about your industry or creating humorous memes with your brand’s watermark on them, an image is a great way to get people to share your content.
3. Videos are popular, but should be brief and relevant. If you’re using video as your preferred format for content marketing, regardless of whether you’re using Vine, YouTube, or live Facebook video feeds, try to keep the length of the video appropriate to the content and platform. Most videos should be less than two or three minutes.
4. Keep accessibility and ease of sharing in mind. Colors, audio mastery and a variety of other factors including size and length of videos, impact how broad of an audience your content can reach.
5. Always err on the safe side. Even if you delete a post containing a faux pas from your social media feed, someone will likely have taken a screenshot. Thus, that off-color joke will exist forever once you post it. You can’t please everyone, but try anyway. Think twice before posting once.